Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 1 - Arrival in Saigon

I'm on Larium, an anti-malaria medication. There are side effects that don't usually happen - vertigo, paranoia, drunkedness, hallucinations. On the plane, I had my first hallucination.

The window melded into it's core and surged out into vacuum. My head liquified and streamed silently into the space that never was, filling it with its nothingness. And at once I felt that everything that exists is connected to this non-space. And at once I realised that I was no more than the space - the space that never was.

I find such beauty in the simple lives of these lands. I am overcome by hate for the white masses who rape this city.

This is the social injustice of Asia.

I see the world for what it is; every noise amplified,every moment delayed, thoughts from across the road surround me.

And I see the white men who devastate the people.
And I see the devastated who scream with anguished hearts.

I see you run around as if this is your playground.
But I tell you, my sorry friend,
this is actually your war.

No comments:

Post a Comment