Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 24 - Brighter Days Ahead

Told Ben about my lost phone and he couldn't believe it.
It's really about time I moved from this Guest House.
Poured me a drink and said, brighter days ahead.

I met Lim today. Discussed the website and am going to get started on it soon.

Also, I was drawn into a place called Magic Sponge because I heard the music there - Ramones, Oasis, Pistols, it was almost as if it were my iPod.

So I went in for a while and turns out the owner of the bar is the Sports Editor of the Phnom Penh Post. Told him a bit a bout myself and he asked me to send my resume over.

So now I have made contact with the Editor-in-Chief of Cambodia Daily (I was given the number by Victor who runs Tomato Bar), the Sports Editor of The Phnom Penh Post and the Ambassador-at-large of Cambodia.

Me, the girl from tiny Singapore.
The other day I was chatting to this couple who were planning on heading to Singapore, and I was telling them all about it. They asked how expensive a beer was and I told them on average about $10, cheaper if its happy hour. So that's about $7 USD. And they looked at me in shock and said, you mean Singapore has its own currency?

Speechless, you know, I was speechless.

3 comments:

  1. see?! optimism prevails! haha am so glad these jigsaws are falling into place. :-)


    merv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddd ah that couple.. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!!

    Sorry was not at my laptop the other day, was down with the flu and sleeping my day away. So glad you are doing great, apart from the stolen phone.

    I am not surprised you are impressing all this people...with your personality and charisma, you can impress Barack Obama even!

    Where is that couple from anyway? Such ignorance...

    LOTSA LOVE,
    YI HAN

    P.S. WE ALL MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete