Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 29 - Home is where the heart is

The past 2 days have been great.
Spent time with mum and dad, caught up with a few friends, went with mum to her bible class.

Some of her friends asked her for the formula to raising a child like me - I didn't know what to say when she told me that. They're all having problems with their teenage daughters. Have no fear - I was more trouble than them when I was their age.

Being home has opened new windows to me. I see Singapore in a different light now. Everything's so safe, so clean, so efficient. What we loose in freedom we make up for in security. And while I don't always think that's best, sometimes it's exactly what you need.

On the downside, I went to Singtel to change the account from Dad's name to mine. Found out there was a bill for $1145.35 or something. After my phone was snatched, I wasn't able to call home till the next day. The robber must have made good use of my phone.

I guess these are (very expensive) learning experiences. They've taught me humility and patience. I'm trying to stay positive but it's really difficult. But with God's grace, we'll get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment