Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Ode to Mum

Let me tell you all about a very special woman.

My mother, to me, is a great mother, teacher, nurturer, healer, friend.

She bears with me when I am impatient while putting me into place, she tells me what I need to hear, even when I don't want to hear it, she's always there for me when I need her, and she understands me, which isn't always an easy task.

She rises above when people put her down, she gains strength from what would make others weak, she's wonderful with children and more often than she knows, she says the right words of support just when I need to hear it.

She is my spiritual guide and has all the answers I need without holding me back from discovering my own path. Like a silent presence always next to me, my mum is my pillar of support in this crazy world.

On this day, Mothers' Day, I wish I was at home with her.
But know that my heart, mind and soul are nowhere else other than with my mum on Mothers' Day.

Happy Mothers' Day, Mama.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment