Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Big Night Out

Had a big night out last night - spent the day with Sothea, a local girl who hangs out at my guest house. Then we headed to Moskito Bar and stayed on till late, and then to Heart of Darkness, and Jacko reminded me how the last time I went there with him I left immediately because I hated it. But it wasn't so bad this time.

Also, he lost his phone for the third time so now we're in competition of who reaches 4 first. I think he might win, haha.

Am suddenly faced with many opportunities, though not all of them are paid, and am going to spend the day today thinking about everything and sorting it out (thought surely not with any ill-intentioned moto-driver!)

Oh and this morning, I decided it would be a good way to start the day by impaling the ball of my left foot on a sharp piece of wood in my guest house. Silver lining -it was really cute to see 4 grown men fussing over my poor foot and trying to fix it. Water (ouch) and iodine (#$!@*^ ouch) and a plaster and it's all good.

Ben rocking it up at Moskito.


Ben and Jacko who entertained us with white aussie-boy rap.


Me and Dee (and I miss Di).


Me and Tia, a hearing-impaired girl and I really wish I knew sign language but I'm picking it up bit by bit.


Me and Sothea, who I must say gets a bit tiresome after a while.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rett!
    Just wanted to share.. I happened to think about burback and backbur and burbur the other day, HAHA!
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete