Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Get Back

Today, for the first time, we slept in and didn't set an alarm.
Today, for the first time, we didn't cycle crazy distances.
Oh, the relief.

Mervyn and I gave ourselves a treat - he got a traditional Khmer massage and I got a $5 mani & pedi. I was so tired I fell asleep while the nice lady was doing my nails and they were so sweet, they left me there sleeping till I woke up myself.

Mervyn's friend, Kurt, wanted to see the church (not the floating one) so I brought them there - it's nice when no one's around. Everyone was excited to see me again as they thought I'd left for Battambang (which we didn't do as we preferred to spend another day here instead).

So tomorrow it's a 730am bus to Phnom Penh. I think we stayed just the right amount of time here - a day longer and I'd be ready to leave.

One thing I'll miss is the free wireless here, which is why I've been able to update my blog so frequently. Ah, well.

My pretty pink toes, and my Tevas which served me well through the temples:


The little wooden church:



My cheeseless, vegan pizza:


A photoe I took of a sign outside a cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment