Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Loving it

Day 2 back in Phnom Penh. Every walk down these streets brings me to more people I know. It's probably a waste of time but I'm just enjoying hanging out here, reading, thinking, writing, watching the view that used to be beautiful but is now being reclaimed for a school and hospital. Good things to build but what a loss for the rest of us.

We're literally watching a lake disappear before our very eyes, and it's sad.

On the way from Saigon to Phnom Penh I met a Belgian guy who's a psychiatrist and a writer. We chatted quite a bit and exchanged emails. He asked what I've written about/for and I was telling him a bit. He looks at me and says, that's great, but if you are a writer, write a book!

I told him I want to but don't know where to start, and he says, go to India. Which was funny because at the time I was reading Life of Pi, which was written in/about India.

Oh, the scary possibilities.

On a more decided note, my article for youth.sg goes up today, yay!
Unfortunately I couldn't find a nice profile picture for them to use so I just sent the one of me at Lakeside with the sunset. Not very glam but I guess it's fitting for what I'm writing about.

1 comment:

  1. brilliant writing girlie, and I love that picture of you.So proud of you.xoxo mama

    ReplyDelete