Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Monday, January 4, 2010

there'd be no distance that could hold us back

So it's the new year. 2010, yay.
Can't really comprehend how fast time flies, I remember when we hit 2000 so clearly. But oh so much has happened since then. Well obviously, as I was 12 then.

The first month of this year alone shall bring much excitement - just one week away is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs gig! Two days after it's omg Green Day and then a bit more than a week after, just kill me, it's The Killers! Oh, the joy.

It's not all sunshine and daisies though. I miss the days where problems between people were fixed with lending the person your favourite pencil, or asking them to go for recess with you.

Alas, we must all grow older, wiser, and a whole lot stronger. Such are the ingredients that get you through this crazy thing called life.

Been listening to music I've been missing out on for a while - Death Cab, for one, has made me remember how strange but beautiful sadness can be. Indeed I write best when I'm sad - my notebooks are full of random ideas/intros to stories, scattered paragraphs/chapters here and there, some of which I read on happier days and wonder, did I really write that? Not because they're sad, but because they're. well, they're something.

Death Cab for Cutie
The New Year


So this is the new year
And I don't feel any different
The clanking of crystal
Explosions off in the distance

So this is the new year
And I have no resolutions
For self-assigned penance
For problems with easy solutions

So everybody put your best suit or dress on
Let's make believe that we are wealthy for just this once
Lighting firecrackers off on the front lawn
As thirty dialogues bleed into one

I wish the world was flat like the old days
Then I could travel just by folding a map
No more airplanes, or speedtrains, or freeways
There'd be no distance that could hold us back

There'd be no distance that could hold us back

So this is the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment