Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 6 - Survival Guide

I've discovered the best way to wake yourself up when falling asleep at work/school, etc.

Step 1: Get a large cup of ice, preferably crushed.
Step 2: Add drink of choice.
Step 3: Begin to drink, as quickly as possible, using a straw if available.
Step 4: Stop once you feel it getting to your head.
Step 5: Give it a few seconds, repeat Step 3.
Step 6: Repeat Step 3-5 until no longer possible to continue.
Step 7: Enjoy the most intense and excruciating brain freeze ever.
Step 8: Return to meeting/lesson more awake than you thought possible.

* All steps must be completed in shortest amount of time possible. While timing varies according to the individual, 30-40 seconds is a good estimate.

Was having so much trouble staying awake today, so during a short break where some crushed ice/pineapple juice thingy was served, I decided to see how much I could freeze my brain. I completed all the above steps and had a massive brain freeze, and was wide awake for the rest of the lesson. Works better than coffee, I swear.

Today one of the guys was talking about how he was having problems with everyone's names and had decided to name us all himself. Told everyone our new names and mine was Rose. Why Rose?! I asked. He said, like Rose and Jack from Titanic. Right, I said, but why? And he said, because when I saw the movie, I thought she was beautiful.
It was wonderful because he said it so simply, in a very matter of fact way. The less than perfect English made it that much more endearing.
Fortunately it isn't obvious when I blush.

I can live for two months on a good compliment.
- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment