Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

So after meeting my self-imposed deadline for The Fray article for Junk magazine yesterday and getting a head start on today's work, I was as pleased as pure petroleum and all set to finish writing about the 60s in Singapore today.

But I'd forgotten, my mind enjoys focusing on other things, and people, at the most unfortunate times. I also discovered the magazine (THAT magazine) is going to be on hold for 6-9 months. Seriously. I could get pregnant, have a child, get her baptised and teach her the alphabet before the magazine's return. And yes of course she'll be a girl, boys have just been put on this earth to distract girls from meeting deadlines.

The rain continued to splatter on the sidewalk; a new sound made him finally take notice. Her heart, as usual, was worn on her sleeve. For this reason he could hear it shatter. And for this reason, it would remain broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment