Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

find your pain, feel it again

Okay, today will be a better day.

I mean, TFF is tonight, how could it not be awesome?
I was reading up about Arthur Janov, a psychologist whose book is behind the name Tears for Fears (Johnny Lennon is also a fan).

In The Primal Scream: Primal Therapy, he says that the suppressed pain we deal with comes about because of trauma, often in childhood. There is a way to resolve this pain and trauma - to be aware of that past experience and relive it, painful as it might be. Thus he is suggesting tears as a replacement for fears.

And there we go, Tears for Fears =) <3




They gave you life
And in return you gave them hell.
As cold as ice
I hope we live to tell the tale.


And when you've taken down your guard
If I could change your mind,
I'd really love to break your heart.


Shout, shout, let it all out,
These are the things I can do without.
Come on, I'm talking to you, come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment