Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

damn the man.

Had two interviews today.
One was rubbish - they seriously expect a freelancer who will be at their beck and call 24/7. When they asked how promptly I can deliver artwork I knew it was over before it began. They don't know the difference between copy and art. I wish them the best of luck.

Next one was good, big clients and high expectations. I've got a good feeling about this. Things that just fall into your lap sometimes (always?)happen for a reason. Most importantly, they're cool with me freelancing so no soul-selling is required.

A friend of mine is facing the very same problem I had in uni a while back, where I was given a bad grade because of a mean lecturer. Dug out the old emails; it's a pleasure to read every time. How I told the man (and the dean) to go shove it and give me the grade I deserve! (in the most eloquent way I could.) This same problem has come up twice, 2 different friends, and I'm considering writing a handbook on how to deal with the bastard. NO person who is supposed to be a mentor to others should say that it's not worth his time to provide feedback, review an assessment or just have a conversation that needed to be had.

I hope I will not be the last to take him down, he really doesn't deserve his job.

DAMN THE MAN.
(and I need this shirt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment