Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Monday, November 8, 2010

You Say Party, We Say Harder

The weekend was spent in KL, Malaysia; our Social Media team (below) went up for the long weekend. Ironically it was this social media team who was deprived from our usual oxygenating outlets (e.g. Tweetdeck and FourSquare) while in KL.

Much fun had, much money spent, many classic lines of the weekend - mostly those 'you had to be there' things, but pointless caves and their awesomeness were involved. The 4 of us shared a nice room and besides the toilet seat being constantly in the wrong position, everything was sweet. Plus, I had 3 bodyguards. Things are so very different from travelling alone.

We also stayed in a fancy hotel, and it's been a long time since that happened. Seemed like a life I'd long left behind. Refreshing.

Another remarkable fact was, there weren't any episodes or issues faced. No missing passports, stolen wallets, hotel booking glitches, heated arguments between roommates. I don't think I've ever been on a holiday/trip where nothing unexpected/unfortunate happened.

Lots of partying, Bar Sonic at Zouk - the Malaysian version - and Neutral which was near our hotel.

I think I prefer KL Zouk to our Zouk, though ours has been named one of the top nightclubs in the wholeee world. KL scene, at least what I saw of it, is not at all (or barely) pretentious. They didn't have any of the reasons why I stopped going to Zouk (SG) in the first place. 


I miss travelling so much it kinda hurts (really) and quick getaway for  helped momentarily subside my wandering needs. As much fun as it is being with the group, I love my sneaky solo time, such as the book+wine+pasta afternoon (right) I enjoyed.

I would've spent a lot more time there soaking in the genius that is Jack Kerouac - and I can't believe he and I were unacquainted for this long - but upon realising I had forgotten to bring my notebook (the paper kind) I panicked and left, feeling a bit naked. Cannot help but need to scribble. Besides, there were boys who needed beer back at the hotel. 

Shopping, parties, sleeping at 6am and waking up for a late lunch, afternoon movies on HBO and (relatively) cheap but slightly fancy restaurants/cafes - really, do we have to go to work tomorrow?

xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment