Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm wide awake, it's morning

Rediscovering my love for Bright Eyes again.
Sometimes it's the furthest thing from the truth.

Most times it's everything I know to be true
and it affects me in a very disconcerting way.

Like this:

So I'm drinking, breathing, writing, singing
Everyday I'm on the clock
My mind races with all my longings
But cant keep up with what I got

Can't think of anything that describes me better at this point.
It's so true it hurts.
And I can't imagine where I'd be if I didn't know someone else had been there, too.

The sun came up with no conclusion,
Flowers sleeping in their beds.
This city's cemetery's humming,
I'm wide awake, it's morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment