Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 34 - Love Will Tear Us Apart

Today is the 29th anniversary of Ian Curtis' death.
The poor boy took himself as a result of bad medicinal side effects, fame, isolation and infidelity.
Most of you are already aware how I'm obsessed with Ian.
(If you're not, well, I am.)

Woke up this morning and thought about him, all he went through, how not many people understand/understood him.
But I do. So once again I dedicated the day to Ian Curtis and - I played their songs all day and, with no effort, kept them in mind.

Mum and I wrote a letter to the bank as I've yet to hear from them about what they're gonna do about leaving me in distress like that.
Went down to deliver the letter personally and spoke to the bank manager, she said she'd called them and they were taking the matter seriously.

Very seriously, it turns out. They'd been having meetings and investigations into what had happened. Shortly after I received a call from the call centre saying that they were looking into it and would get back to me latest Wednesday.

Hung around Parkway for a while before going to Rowell Road for Soup Kitchen. Saw Mel and Carlo as I was on my way there, stopped to chat for a while.

Had a great time at Soup Kitchen, really nice seeing all the people again.
Joined them for dinner after and met more people.

Came home and watched Control, a brilliant movie about Ian.

Now I'm listening to Closer and as I sleep, I'll play Iggy Pop's The Idiot - the record Ian had on his turntable when he hung himself on May 18th, 1980.


No comments:

Post a Comment