Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

1 hour from now

Booked my ticket, left my backpack at the travel centre and am currently having lunch at an English bar. Decided I could afford the extravagance as it's an hour till I leave and so much Baht in the wallet.


I also took a picture of the Chelsea banner for Dad.
It was sad to leave the others, especially because I was the only one leaving today. Some left yesterday, the rest leave tomorrow.

Min (Korea), Me (Singapore), Aizada (Kyrgyzstan)


Yesterday I was called farang by a man who laughed when I said 'thank you'. It means foreigner. It's true, but it made me sad.

Yesterday our group leader ("They make their bodies into cocktail position".) commented that I'm the quiet type who only speaks when spoken to. I didn't tell him it's just that I don't like him much.

Yesterday we headed out to this lake which was lovely and full of huts overlooking the river - reminded me of the place over the bridge in Phnom Penh. The secret place that only locals, and me, know of. I miss that place. I didn't get much time to myself because the others see solitude as something to be pitied, not cherished.

They ask why I like being alone, I ask, why don't you?

Coincidentally Tom Petty's Free Falling is playing right now.

I wanna glide down over Mulholland
I wanna write her name in the sky
I wanna free fall out into nothin'
Gonna leave this world for awhile

And I'm free, I'm free fallin'


Before my hut was invaded.



Boys who were most excited to see a farang.


The precious huts by the lake.



We have to travel like refugees.


And I can't believe it took me 4 days to realise the place we've been going to is a gay bar. One of many things that made me suddenly realise:


Me & Manda, from Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment