Writer. Fighter. Lover. Dreamer. The doctor's say she's generally functional.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh, wow.

So I just went for a media preview of Singapore Arts Fest dance films. Setting up interviews and discussing feature articles/profiles and all that.

Last night I went for the review at Timbre and I was literally writing the review in my mind as the new menu/cocktails were being sampled. And then rushed over to SMU and got connected, typed it out and sent it over, received pictures I've been waiting for and sent that over too. All done. I was pleased as a pink parasol. I really didn't know how I was going to meet all my deadlines, but I did.

And today after the preview + meeting, I came to starbucks and settled down with my triple grande soy caramel macchiato, and I checked my mail. I needed to confirm the name of a dish we tried at this restaurant and that was the last thing I had to do for our May issue.

And then I get an email from my editor. The May issue is being postponed. No explanation yet. I've been working so hard on all the reviews to get them done on time. Getting images. Dealing with difficult clients and colleagues. Running all over the damn place from one review to another.

And the events. Oh, the events! I was so proud of my event listings. I got all the details and official images in record time as well. And I had so many sneaky puns waiting to be discovered, like how Deep Purple fireball their way through every show - their '71 album is Fireball.

And now all my work will never be seen. Well, the reviews will eventually. But all the events, and the rushing, and the attending and writing and liaising and trouble, all that has been for nothing.

FML + WTF + NFW

An excerpt of my pretty event listing:



Now I'm going to deliberate between finding the highest building and jumping in front of a speeding car. Both sound appealing compared to what I'm feeling now. It's hard to explain why this is as devastating as it is, and I'm not really in the mood to, but honestly, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment